Practical Wound Management
Course Date and Venue:
Cumbernauld, Westerwood Hotel, Thursday 18th Feb, 2016, 10am to 4.30pm
Hardwick Hall Hotel Sedgefield Co.Durham, Thursday 19th May, 2016, 10am to 4.30pm
It is becoming increasingly more common for veterinary nurses to play an active role in the management of wounds. In order to carry out this role effectively and efficiently, nurses require a good understanding of the processes involved in wound healing and also need to have an understanding of the wound dressings available, the types of wounds they are suitable for and how to apply them correctly.
- How to assess wounds and set objectives
- ‘Advanced’ wound management principles: delayed union and second intention healing
- What to do with delayed healing and chronic wounds
- How to select and apply dressings
- Bandaging techniques – applying bandages safely and effectively.
Louise O Dwyer DMS BSc(Hons) DipAVN(Medical and Surgical) RVN
£180 +VAT (total £216.00) Includes tuition, course notes, refreshments and lunch.
Thursday 29th Sept 2016
VetExtra by Veterinary Surgeons
VetExtra was established by veterinary surgeons experienced in delivering quality CPD.
Our aim is to provide local veterinary CPD in Scotland, North and Central England at affordable prices.
Discover more about forthcoming VetExtra courses in your area.