Liver and Pancreatic Disease
Course Date and Venue:
Cumbernauld, Westerwood Hotel, Thursday 18th Feb, 2016, 10am to 4.30pm
Hardwick Hall Hotel Sedgefield Co.Durham, Thursday 10th Mar, 2016, 10am to 4.30pm
Do you ever wonder how significant raised liver enzymes are in a routine pre-operative blood sample? Do you know whether steroids are indicated in the treatment of liver disease in your small animal patients? Is there really any way that you can reliably diagnose pancreatitis in cats?
During this course we will address these questions and discuss the major diseases that affect the liver and pancreas in dogs and cats. Using a wide selection of the types of cases that you are likely to encounter in practice, we will develop a structured approach to diagnosis and current treatment recommendations.
Topics to be covered include:-
- Liver disease in dogs and cats: causes and diagnosis
- When and how to perform a liver biopsy safely and effectively
- Treatment of liver disease in dogs and cats including drugs and diet
- How to investigate, diagnose and treat acute and chronic pancreatitis
- Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency: diagnosis and treatment secrets
Jimmy Simpson BVM&S SDA MPhil MRCVS
£250 +VAT (total £300.00) Includes tuition, course notes, refreshments and lunch.
Wednesday 19th Oct, 2016
Wednesday 7th Dec, 2016
VetExtra by Veterinary Surgeons
VetExtra was established by veterinary surgeons experienced in delivering quality CPD.
Our aim is to provide local veterinary CPD in Scotland, North and Central England at affordable prices.
Discover more about forthcoming VetExtra courses in your area.